13 May 2009

"The Snow Moose?"

Quote of the Day:
There's been so much written about and spoken about in the mainstream media and in that anonymous blogosphere world also, that this will be a wonderful, refreshing chance for me, you know, to get to tell my story, that a lot of people have asked about, unfiltered.
-Sarah Palin, the 2008 farcical Republican vice-presidential candidate, announcing that she is...drum roll please...writing a book.

Never mind that any editor who reads that announcement is going to want to stick a pen in their eye.

Sigh!

She continued:
Also, being a voracious reader, I read a lot today you know and have read a lot growing up. And having that journalism degree there, all of that, will be a great assistance for me in writin' this book, talkin' about the challenges and the joys, balancing the work and parenting...
Pardon me, Gov. Palin, while I channel Katie Couric, but...tell us...exactly what books have you read recently. Come on! Name just one.