02 May 2007

"Idol" Recap, 1st of May

Two go home this week. Who will stay? Who will be voted off? Here's my recap of last night's "American Idol"...

Phil: "Blaze of Glory" has a country edge to it so it was the perfect song for him. He did it well but at this point I don't know if "well" is good enough. His fan base isn't strong enough to keep him in the competition without an "out of the ballpark" performance. And this wasn't that.

Jordin: My attention was on that hot guy playing guitar next to her on stage, but then her crappy performance knocked me back into reality. Plain and simple, her rendition of "Livin' On A Prayer" was pure crap.

Kiki: First off, her outfit was about as unflattering as it gets. I mean really...does this woman not have a full-length mirror in her dressing room?! As for her performance, Lakisha has the disadvantage of not being the best female singer in the competition. That said, she did a decent job with "This Ain't A Love Song," especially at the end.

Blake: He sang "You Give Love A Bad Name." It was beat-box meets rock 'n' roll. I guess you'd call it "rock box." Either way...he was superb. I. Loved. It.

Chris: I have to admit, he did better with "Wanted: Dead or Alive" than I thought he would. Still, one has to wonder if it was enough to keep him around this week.

Melinda: She totally threw down the Tina Turner attitude as she rocked out to "Have A Nice Day." Once again, the best vocal of the night.

The worst performance of the night? The really bad scripted banter by the imbicile in the White House and that wife of his. What a way to ruin an otherwise fun episode of "American Idol."