02 November 2006

For State Offices

Endorsements, without comment, for various statewide offices:

Lieut. Governor: John Garamendi (D)
State Attorney General: Jerry Brown (D)
Secretary of State: Debra Bowen (D)
State Treasurer: Bill Lockyer (D)
State Comptroller: John Chiang (D)
Insurance Commissioner: Steve Poizner (R)*

*A quick comment on my backing of Poizner. I am backing the Republican candidate in this race because the Democratic candidate, Cruz Bustamante (California's current Lieut. Governor), started his campaign for this office by accepting $120,000 from insurance companies. Although he has since given the money back, I am uncomfortable giving my vote to a guy who is so cozy with the insurance special interests - the very people he would be relegating. I'll hold my nose, but Poizner gets my vote.