23 December 2006

Peaceful Morning

The past two months have been uber-stressful. For me, work has been hella-busy and I've been trying to get through it all while battling a 9-week cold/flu/cough that has me at my wits end. Brent's company was on the selling block, with the potential for unemployment hanging in the air (thankfully, he found out yesterday that he still has a job). And, what lays ahead this weekend won't be a cake-walk either (matinis and valium, anyone?).

When I woke up this morning it was quiet and peacful here in the apartment. The only sounds I could hear were Brent and Chloe sleeping and breathing. I layed there for a half an hour and just took it all in - my partner and my daughter, the love of my life and our pride and joy.

It was the most peaceful moment I've had in months.