23 December 2006

Sh-Sh-Sh-Shakin' in Berkeley

I returned from my Saturday morning coffee/paper run when Brent asked, "Did you feel the quake?" I hadn't (I was driving). But it's the THIRD small quake we've had since Wednesday. It was a 3.7 tremor centered right across the bay in Berkeley.

Last night - after dinner with friends - Brent, Chloe, and I were sitting here relaxing before bed when all of a sudden a big jolt shook the apartment. Turns out, it was a 3.7 quake, centered right across the bay in Berkeley.

And on Wednesday evening, there was another quake. And it, too, was a 3.7 quake centered right across the bay in Berkeley.

I don't know if the Hayward fault is just letting off little bits of steam, or if it's getting ready to blow. But if it is the latter, I'm glad we're heading to Sacramento for the weekend.