28 June 2007

The Gore Factor

A new Suffolk University poll in New Hampshire shows Sen. Hillary Clinton (Democrat-NY) with a commanding lead in her party's presidential primary there. She leads Sen. Barack Obama 37% to 19%.

BUT...when asked who they'd vote for if former Vice-President Al Gore were to enter the race, then Gore beats Hillary.

As each day passes, my distaste for a Clinton candidacy grows by a mile. I like Sen. Clinton and I used to think she'd make a great president, but the closer we get to the nominating elections, the more I realize she'd be the Democrats worst nightmare. Congress would swing back to Republican control in a Clinton presidency, and she'd more than likely find herself losing a second term (if she could win a first one, that is...and even with the White House ripe for the picking, Sen. Clinton might well be the one cadidate to keep it in Republican hands).

Right now my favorites in the field are Obama, Richardson, and Biden. But if none them start to catch fire by Labor Day...

I beg of you Mr. Gore...PLEASE! RUN!