28 June 2007

The Shitty Drivers of Alameda

Since well before her troubles with the law, I have often wondered why so many of today's young ladies admire an imbicile like Paris Hilton.

Yesterday, I figured it out: They could care less about anyone or anything but themselves.

I was leaving Walgreens in in Alameda during my lunch break when a blonde bitch in a Jetta pulls out of the Burger King in the same shopping center. Unfortunately, I got stuck behind her while...

A. She talked on her cell phone, and
B. At the same time tried to take food from the Burger King bag and hand it to her brats in the back seat.

All the while, her car is creeping along at about 2 mph toward the sidewalk and the busy main street.

I sighed. I was running late and had to be back at the office for a meeting. So, I honked my horn.

Her little blonde head flipped up and stared at me through her rearview mirror. I motioned with my hands for her to move forward, and then motioned in back of me at the FOUR other cars waiting for her to multi-task while she drove herself and her kids into oncoming traffic.

What does the bitch do? She throws her head out her window, rips her faux-Gucci sunglasses of her face, and starts screaming about how she JUST left Burger King and needed to FEED her kids and that we're going to have to wait.

Before I could scream back that she needed to pull over and feed her offspring out of the way of the exit lane, fate intervened. Her Jetta was crossing over the sidewalk and a homeless man walked right into her path.

She didn't hit him, thankfully. He pounded on her hood, she braked, and apparently one her kids drinks went flying onto the car floor.

Bitchie Driver started screaming that it was OUR fault, that I needed to calm down and then yelled at the homeless guy that he needed to watch for traffic.

(Because, you know, it's a PEDESTRIAN'S responsibility to watch for careless hoo hoos who, while driving, do everything else but drive.)

But, after she pulled out and went on her way and I was able to get out of that shopping center, I couldn't help but wonder...I bet you any amount of money that one of the many letters of support Paris Hilton received while in jail came from Li'l Miss Bitchie Driver from Alameda.

For they are exactly alike in so many ways, and both exemplify the unfortunate state of affairs when it comes to the young ladies of this generation.

I then put in my P!nk CD and drove back to work listening to "Stupid Girls."