03 November 2008

Polls Are Like Crack

I admit it...I'm one of those guys who keeps checking the polls from the time I get up until the time I go to bed. I check several times a day, I'd say every hour or so, looking for any movement in either direction. Woo-hooo...Obama's up by ten in the new ABC poll. Aww shit...his lead is only two points in the Zogby poll.

Sigh.

It's pathetic, really.

But now that I've admitted my addiction, "come on baby"...share my first fix of the day with me and look at this morning's polls:
NBC News/Wall Street Journal:
Obama/Biden 51%
McCain/Palin 43%

Rasmussen:
Obama/Biden 51%
McCain/Palin 46%

ABC News/Washington Post:
Obama/Biden 54%
McCain/Palin 43%

CNN/Opinion Research:
Obama/Biden 53%
McCain/Palin 46%

Pew Research:
Obama/Biden 52%
McCain/Palin 46%
Obama up 11 in this poll; Obama up only 6 in that poll. With all of the contradictory numbers, I am very dubious as to tomorrow's final outcome. Could everyone single one of these pollsters be wrong? Is my lack of faith in the American public to do the right thing well founded? Could Obama win the national vote by 5 or 6 points yet still lose the all-important Electoral College contest? Will McCain pull off the biggest upset in American presidential history?

AARRRGGHH!!!!

Pull. Me. Away. From. The. Computer.