05 October 2007

The Weekender: Castro Street Fair Edition

"Are you ready boy? Here I come...catch me, I'm falling."

I'm gettin' all disco on your ass this week! The Castro Street Fair edition of the Weekender can be heard by clicking here.

The Playlist:

Go West - Village People
Pull Up To the Bumper - Grace Jones
Chains of Love - Erasure
Smalltown Boy - Bronski Beat
A Lover's Holiday - Change
J'attendrai - Dalida
Don't Leave Me This Way - Thelma Houston
Come Dance With Me - The Sylvers
Love Is In Control - Donna Summer
Catch Me I'm Falling - Pretty Poison
Disco Down - Kylie Minogue
Rock Your Body (Remix) - Justin Timberlake
and...I finish things off with a song that was crowding San Francisco dance floors on the weekend of the very first Castro Street Fair (which took place on 18 August 1974)...
Machine Gun - The Commodores