17 January 2010

Solid

This week's playlist is inspired by the late, great Teddy Pendergrass (26 March 1950 - 13 January 2010). Eighteen tracks of smooth, solid soul. Press play and enjoy...



Playlist:
Nothing From Nothing - Billy Preston
Stoned - Lewis Taylor
L.I.E. - N'dambi
My Four Leaf Clover - Nicole Willis and the Soul Investigators
Strawberry Letter 23 - The Brothers Johnson
Mista Guitar Man - The Sylvers
You Haven't Done Nothin' - Stevie Wonder
I'll Be Around - The Spinners
Hollywood - Rufus featuring Chaka Khan
So Very Hard to Go - Tower of Power
Shiny & New - Mayer Hawthorne
Betcha By Golly, Wow - Phyllis Hyman
The Lover In You - Shalamar

Mini-Tribute to Mr. Pendergrass:
Close the Door - Teddy Pendergrass
You're My Latest, My Greatest, My Inspiration - Teddy Pendergrass
The Love I Lost - Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes
Hold Me - Whitney Houston/Teddy Pendergrass