22 April 2008

Now More Than Ever: Obama

As Pennsylvanians head to their polling places today to cast ballots for the Democratic Party presidential nomination, I re-post my February endorsement in that contest here.

A change to that argument. In that essay I said:
Hillary Clinton would be a nightmare. Not her, specifically...not her politics...not her governing style...but rather, the result of the election.
I would like to amend that. Since early February Hillary Clinton has turned into the Karl Rove of this election cycle, spewing vile Republican talking points, saying one thing then later denying that she said it, and practially endorsing the Republican nominee should she lose her party's nomination. If that's how she runs her campaign then I shiver to wonder how she would govern this country. People call the possibility of a McCain presidency the unofficial third term of George W. Bush. I dare say, a Hillary Clinton presidency wouldn't be all that different.