20 May 2008

First Thing In the Morning

Ok...I'm trying a new blog segment and we'll see how it works. Essentially it will be a few key news headlines, hand-picked by yours truly, that I think are rather important in the overall scheme of things (you will click on the headline to read each story). In this day and age, when major media outlets spend hours and hours covering everything but news, I'll do what I can to keep you informed about the world around you. In this day and age, being uninformed is not an option.

I will more than likely post these headlines while I sip my morning coffee, and so as such I am naming the segment "First Thing In the Morning," after an old morning news show that used to air on WMAQ-TV (NBC) in Chicago.

And now, your morning news...

11 Iraqi police recruits killed in a bus ambush by Sunni insurgents near the Syrian border.

Venezuela: "U.S. violated our airspace." Tension rising in the region with both the US and Colombia accusing Caracas of financing Colombian rebels.

Police in France, the Netherlands and Germany have arrested 10 people suspected of providing funding to Islamic extremists in Uzbekistan.

"What I'm About to Tell You": More Soviet-style secrecy from the Fascists in the White House.

EPA chief drops his support to protect Californians from auto pollution because Bush said "boo."