20 November 2007

Fernando, Greg, and the Light at the End of the Tunnel

Reader e-mail:
I have been reading your blogs in their various incarnations since October of 2004, when I clicked over from your wonderfully written endorsement of John Kerry for president on DailyKos.

I am a college student in California's central valley; I'm gay, and in the closet. My social life is pretty limited as a result...but after seeing Fernando and Greg's YouTube clip on San Francisco Journal I began listening to them on-line.

To see them honored by Out Magazine as two of the most influential gay people made my heart swell. You see, for family and financial reasons I must remain in the closet until I graduate college (that will be in May of 2009). But Fernando, Greg, and their listeners keep hope alive for me. Listening to them in the morning helps keep that proverbial light at the end of the tunnel in sight. I thank them for that, and congratulate them on the Out Magazine honor.
Know hope, my friend. And keep strong.