14 January 2007

It's been a long time since I rock and rolled...

On Friday night Brent and I joined our friend Teddy and his roommate Josh for dinner at Chow (superb comfort food) and a couple of beers at the Pilsner Inn, where the jukebox was playing some old time rock and roll.

Instead of the regular circuit club dance hits, it was refreshing to hear such artists as AC/DC and Journey being played.

Teddy, Brent, Josh, and I started talking about some of our favorite rock bands and memorable concerts (Prince, Aragon Ballroom, Chicago, 1998!!), and in the course of our conversation I began to think of some blasts from the past that I hadn't heard since God was a boy.

And so, these songs are for the guys. Had a blast Friday night and hope you can make it up to the city again soon.

"A Girl Like You" by the Smithereens


"Only Love" by the BoDeans


"Have A Drink On Me" by AC/DC


"Boogie With Stu" by Led Zeppelin