09 February 2007

First Thing In the Morning: Political Wire

Because I keep relatively early hours at work, I do the bulk of my blogging first thing in the morning. I crawl out of bed at 5am, pour the first of way too many cups of coffee, and turn on the computer to scan the news. My first stop? Taegan Goddard's Political Wire, without fail.

Straight and to the point, Goddard publishes each day's political news without the vitriol found on many other websites (in all honesty, this one included) and without getting too bogged down in the tired, wonky details of government. Know-it-all commentary from the author is refreshingly absent, and Fox News would do well to take a look at the site's "Southpaws" and "Wingers" pages (news summaries from the left and the right), for their presence on the Wire epitomize "fair and balanced."

Political Wire has been listed on the blogroll to the right since the San Francisco Journal - and it's predecessor, the South Coast Journal - began publishing. But I take time this morning to give them a special shout out; to thank Taegan Goddard for his passionate contribution; and to suggest you give the site a look, if you haven't already.