05 December 2007

Joe's Cajones

Quote of the Day:
That's why I want to be very clear: If the President takes us to war with Iran without congressional approval, I will call for his impeachment. I am dead serious... I'm saying this now to put the administration on notice and hopefully to deter the president from taking unilateral action in the last year of his administration.
-Sen. Joe Biden (Democrat-DE), a nominee for his party's presidential nomination, in yesterday's Des Moines Register.

Set aside for a minute the fact that congressional leadership of both parties should have filed articles of impeachment years ago, this is yet another reason why Sen. Biden remains at the top of my list of preferred presidential candidates for 2008. The man calls it like it is and isn't afraid of a fight. Two strong qualities that, for a myriad of reasons, the next president will need in spades.