01 April 2009

Changing Minds

Meet Nathan Manske, owner and proprietor of a new blog called "I'm from Driftwood." Inspired by the famous picture of Harvey Milk, in which he is riding in a San Francisco Pride parade carrying a sign that reads "I'm from Woodmere, NY," Manske started his blog because...
There are gay stories from every corner of the Earth and I think they should be told. But why? What does it mean?? To the gay teens struggling to come out and deal with their sexuality, who to this day still attempt suicide 4 times more than straight kids, it says 'you are not alone.' Other people have dealt with similar situations, families, communities and churches, and have overcome and are now living happy lives. It can happen for you, too. It gets soooo much better, I promise.
"I'm from Driftwood" features submitted stories by readers from all over America. The stories are accompanied by satellite photos of the writer's hometown.

I'm from Driftwood is a brilliant blog, and another large step in our efforts to change minds. Take a look at Manske's site by clicking here.

P.S. I'm from Detroit, Michigan and Prospect Heights, Illinois.