27 January 2009

No On 8: "We Messed Up"

Geoff Kors, Executive Director of the "No on 8" campaign, at a January 24 "what do we do now" event in Los Angeles, admitting the campaigns major flaws:
When I look at what was the biggest mistake, when I lie awake at night prepping my e-mails I'm going to send to all of you and I think about the biggest mistake that we made, it's that we've turned everything over to political experts and political consultants. ...we should have been in the strategy room and part of those (consultants') conversations, and that was a huge mistake.
Gee...ya think!

So these guys essentially out-sourced the running on this campaign to people who didn't want to inject the words "gay" or "constitution" into the process, and then sat back and rested on their laurels. With the final result being 52% to 48% in favor of the proposition, one can only imagine how easily it could have been reversed if only in competent hands.

I almost feel like asking for my money back.