28 January 2008

Oh Yes They Call It "The Shriek..."

Did Hillary Clinton have a desperate Howard Dean moment last week in New Jersey? It looks that way:
Speaking to workers at a nursing home, Hillary Clinton got overly excited upon ending her speech tonight when she repeatedly asked the crowd to turn out to vote for her in New Jersey's primary on Super Tuesday, Feb. 5.

"Will you help me?! Will you help me?! Will you help me?! Will you help me?! Will you help me?! Will you help me?!" Clinton yelled six times as she tried to rally the crowd's support. However, her yelling came out more like shrieking.
I haven't been able to find video of the speech, but the Ed Schultz Show played a clip this afternoon, and at first I thought they were playing her question ("Will you help me?!") in a continuous loop.

They weren't.

Are desperation and fatigue setting in?