05 June 2008

She'll Concede This Weekend

The email Sen. Hillary Clinton sent supporters this morning:
On Saturday, I will extend my congratulations to Senator Obama and my support for his candidacy. This has been a long and hard-fought campaign, but as I have always said, my differences with Senator Obama are small compared to the differences we have with Senator McCain and the Republicans.

I have said throughout the campaign that I would strongly support Senator Obama if he were the Democratic Party's nominee, and I intend to deliver on that promise.
She's the one who sent the email so I'll take her at her word, though I'll continue to be a bit leary up until Barack Obama's acceptance speech at the Democratic National Convention this summer.

It also looks like talk of a possible Clinton vice-presidential nod is going nowhere fast. It seems the deal-breaker is former President Bill Clinton and all of the problems he'd bring to the table with personal finances and donations to his presidential library. Apparently there are some rather scuzzy goings-on in those areas, and the Obama campaign would rather avoid handing the Republicans fuel to replay the psycho-drama of the 1990s.