19 September 2008

GOP Senator: Palin Pick 'Insulting'

Quote of the Day 2:
She doesn’t have any foreign policy credentials. You get a passport for the first time in your life last year? I mean, I don’t know what you can say. You can’t say anything.

I think they ought to be just honest about it and stop the nonsense about, ‘I look out my window and I see Russia and so therefore I know something about Russia. That kind of thing is insulting to the American people.
-United States Senator Chuck Hagel (Republican-Nebraska), yesterday, to the Omaha World-Herald.

I have a very strong hunch that Hagel will be part of a bipartisan Obama cabinet, more than likely as Secretary of Defense. It has become plainly obvious during the course of the campaign that Hagel backs Obama's candidacy over McCain's.

And with Colin Powell admiring Obama from afar, I think it would be a tremendous boost to the Democratic ticket if both Hagel and Powell held a joint news conference announcing their endorsement of Barack Obama for president.

Perhaps around the time of the debate that is to be dedicated to foreign policy?

Just thinking out loud.