03 March 2008

The Disloyal Democrat

So much for a unified Democratic Party. Hillary Clinton, on the campaign trail today:
I think that I have a lifetime of experience that I will bring to the White House. I know Senator McCain has a lifetime of experience to the White House. And Senator Obama has a speech he gave in 2002.
This is probably one of the most repugnant comments she has made during this campaign. For someone who has promised a unified Democratic Party once the nominee is chosen, Sen. Clinton handed the Republicans quite the sound bite, didn't she?

From AmericaBlog: Rachel Maddow's reaction to Clinton's remarks:
This is what you say if you want to be McCain's choice for Vice President. It is not what you say if you are running for the Democratic nomination.
And Keith Olbermann's gentlemanly response:
Unbelievable.
I, on the other hand, don't have to be such a gentleman.

Clinton's comments today were exactly the sort of snide remarks that, fairly in this case, cause people to look at her and think, "What a fucking bitch!"

Just as health care may be the issue that moves you solidly into the Clinton camp, or a patriotic progressive agenda the issue that puts you in Obama's column, Sen. Clinton's absolutely scuzzy campaign reinforces my contention that I cast the right vote last month. And I urge the voters in Ohio, Texas, Vermont, and Rhode Island not to nominate this woman for the presidency. After that little pro-McCain diatribe, I must say that I am ashamed she is a member of the Democratic Party.

If she is the nominee, myself and a slew of other Democratic-leaning voters will be in quite the quandary come this November (and no, that does NOT mean a vote for McCain).

Update: The Jed Report has the goods on Hillary's "experience"...