09 March 2008

The Little Girl In the Ad

I'm in the Seattle area for work and thought this little tid-bit from the local NBC affiliate, KING-TV, was an absolute hoot:
The so-called "red-phone ad" was played all over the country and helped turn the tide for Hillary Clinton leading up to her big win in Ohio. The ad shows a sleeping child and asks voters who they would want to see answering a 3 a.m. emergency phone call to the White House.

But the young girl starring in the ad (it's stock video that was shot a long time ago) will actually be voting age next month and says she's no fan of Hillary Clinton.
And she's been campaigning for Obama here in Seattle. And plans to vote for him in November.

So there!

Oh...and one more thing....her reaction to the Clinton ad:
I think it would be really wonderful if me and Barack Obama could get together and make a nice counter ad.
If I were Obama, I would be all over that offer.