05 March 2008

"Idol," Week 3: The Girls

It's the girls turn to belt out songs from the 80s. Will we hear any Cyndi Lauper? Let't find out...

Asiah Epperson
"I Wanna Dance With Somebody"
It's always risky to do a Whitney Houston song. When she was at her peak, that voice was something to behold. And I'm afraid Asiah was nowhere near Ms. Houston's league tonight.

Kady Malloy
"Forever"
I have no idea what song this is. She caterwauled her way through the whole thing. It was pure ka-ka!

Amanda Overmeyer
"I Hate Myself For Loving You"
This was a great song choice for her, and she belted right out of that studio. Nicely done!

Carly Smithson
"I Drove All Night"
There's the Cyndi song!!!! And once again, Carly turned in one the best performances of the week. She NAILED this! (Simon is an idiot...this song was just fine for her.)

Kristy Lee Cook
"Faithfully"
Ok...she took a classic Journey rocker and ... well ... I'm not sure what she did with it. It was sort of half rocker, half country, with a little bit of karaoke thrown in. I didn't like it.

Makadingdong Titikaka
"Against All Odds"
A rather weak performance. Her timing seemed a bit off in spots. Pretty sloppy.

Brooke White
"Love Is A Battlefield"
I absolutely loved this! If she recorded this song exactly as she sang it tonight, it would be a huge hit. Superb! Best of the night.

Syesha Mercado
"Saving All My Love"
Yet another attempt at a Whitney song. She did better than Asiah and did an admireable job with the vocals but still...it wasn't quite Whitney now, was it?

And, like last night, OH. MY. GAWD! How many freekin' pills did Paula take before airtime tonight!?! She is SO off center this week!